Saturday, 1 October 2016
Happy Weekend! ... with Maple Pecan Muffins!
Good Morning All
Well I can report that yesterday was such a success and so many people came to support the day. I am waiting to hear what was raised but I know it would have been a good amount, people are so generous for a good cause and so many of us in some way or another have been exposed to cancer
Talking cakes I have been asked about my Maple and Pecan muffins so today I am going to give the recipe, these are really scrummy.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and as always Happy Stitching! XX
90ml pure maple syrup
60g rolled oats
85g of fine sugar
225g plain flour
15ml (3 teaspoons) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
60/85g pecan chopped saving one whole one for each muffin.
I rounded tablespoon of butter, softened
60g icing sugar
I tablespoon maple syrup ( if it is not runny enough add a drop of milk)
1. Prepare muffin tin. Preheat oven (375 - 400 F, 190 - 200C or Gas mark 5 - 6)
2. In a medium bowl beat egg add milk, maple syrup and rolled oats .. set aside.
3. In a large bowl blend together soft butter, sugar.
4. Sift flour, baking powder and salt and add to the butter mixture mixing with a fork. it will look
a bit like breadcrumbs.
5. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture stir until combined then add the chp nuts. Do not over
6. Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 20 -25 minutes until top are lightly brown and spring
back to the touch.
7. When they are still warm but not hot .. in a bowl mix the glaze mixture until smooth and spread some over each muffin top then pop a whole pecan on the top!